Thursday, March 13, 2008

Free documentaries -- really!

Mrs. Brice-Hyde, one of our Social Studies teachers, told me today about the website http://www.freedocumentaries.org/. On it you can view (full screen!) any of about 90 full length documentaries. The list includes Merchants of Cool, Bowling for Columbine, and SICKO. As you can see the dominant themes are social and political.

The films cannot be downloaded, and I suspect that viewing them uses quite a bit of bandwidth, but nevertheless these are awesome resources.
The site logo says "Beta", so I'm not sure whether this is a long term option, but it is certainly a great place for teachers to preview these programs. Let me know if you see something we should be adding to our DVD collection.

Comments:
Good info!! I will definitely be checking this out...thanks!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page